I really do mean to keep up but time just slips through my fingers like you would not believe. So here I am, again. This time I am sitting on a major recent contest win--Georgia Romance Writers' Unpublished Maggie--and a request for the full ms of An Accidental Family!
Which would be great if I had more than 4 chapters written.
A bit of backstory. In August, when the Maggie calls went out and I didn't get one, I figured after 3 contests and no finals my ms just wasn't working--I was struggling with it anyway and it seemed a sign to let it go.
So I did.
Then, five weeks after the Maggie finalists were announced I get an email asking for my pic for the Maggie ceremony. Assuming it's a typo--it's been FIVE WEEKS--I send back a jokey kind of reply. Except it *wasn't* a mistake. I really *was* a Maggie finalist--for the second time--which is huge! Since Susan Litman had had the full for a month at that point or so I realized it was time to get that puppy back out and MAKE IT WORK.
The call from Georgia on the 3rd of October, with the news of my win and the request, was both validation that I am on the right track and severely panic inducing. Must. Get. It. Done! So I'm writing, and am about to go write more today, see where it goes, where I end up.
I'm also waiting for another contest at the end of the month that I entered when I thought I hadn't finaled in the Maggie. So we'll see. In the meantime, all the finals and wins in the world don't mean much if I don't get the book done and pubbed.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment