What a great day! Love when I can go the MMRWA meetings. It's so energizing to be around other writers, at all stages of their careers. Today we did MMRWA IDOL. We were allowed to send in our first 250 words and a panel of five of our pubbed authors read them and gave a quick crit. I entered An Accidental Family. Hearing your own work read outloud is a little unsettling. Hearing all the entries read, and all the crits, was eye-opening. I always learn so much from things like this and today was no exception. Plus, it drove home what a talented group of writers we are! It was just the icing on the cake to win it today. The prize was a writing book, REVISING FICTION by Kirt Hickman. I'm looking forward to digging into it!
Right now, though I'm off for a hot bath and a good book. I've started Robyn Carr's Virgin River series. Perfect for a Saturday night. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment